Bupleurum & Peony (aka Jia Wei Xiao Yao) is a plant-based formula used in TCM for sleep, stress, frustration, anger and PMS. If the liver is out of balance the flow of chi is affected. Where there is stagnation, there is often heat. This can cause sleep problems, anger (like suddenly becoming furious over small things), frustration or PMS symptoms. This formula clears heat (anger often translates as heat) and cools and builds the blood. It is fantastic for a peaceful night’s sleep.
Chinese herbal formulas have multi-active ingredients and target a host of interrelated symptoms at once, here are some benefits of Bupleurum & Peony:
- regulates the emotions
- cools temporary hot flashes
- calms restlessness, frustration, or impatience
- regulates sleeping (for difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep)
- relaxes neck and shoulder tension
- regulates the menstrual cycle
- supports vaginal health
- relaxes pre-menstrual tension
- supports bladder health.
- supports the flow of chi and blood
* Chai Hu (Rx. Bupleurum) is a great herb for a variety of viral issues as well as stress-induced problems. Interferon therapy is designed to address viral issues as well. The interaction of Chai Hu (Rx. Bupleurum) and interferon is an additive problem. Interferon therapy boosts the strength and sensitivity of the immune system. Chai Hu (Rx. Bupleurum) has the same (but weaker) effect. When these two medicines are used together, they can give rise to an excessive immune response that damages the lungs.